Sunday, August 23, 2015

Cornfest

This is a weekend that Michele and I look forward to each year, because it is the weekend that Normal hosts the Sweet Corn Blues Festival.

This year's festival was absolutely perfect in every way. The temperature was much cooler than the scorcher we had last year, and there was no sign of any dishonest street preachers like the one we encountered on a prior visit.


As always, the sweet corn was spectacular, but this year included an additional good experience, which was the food at The Rock Restaurant. They sell gyro sandwiches and other Mediterranean food.

I'm a huge fan of gyro sandwiches, and man oh man, I think this was the best gyro experience I've ever had. Not just because the sandwich was delicious and hot, but because the restaurant was very clean and inviting, and the workers were very friendly and helpful. Here's a photo of the delicious gyro sandwich I was served:


Hot golden brown french fries. Steaming hot, thick cut lamb. I felt like I had died and gone to heaven.

I think I've found my go to place for Gyros.