Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Curiosity Got the Best of Me

On our return trip to drop Nick off at SEMO, we spotted a small booth right next to a convenience store with a very unusual sign:


Naturally, I had to investigate.

I asked Michele to come over to the booth with me, but she told me she wasn't going anywhere near that sign. So, I walked over by myself, and when I got there, the guy sitting behind the table asked if I had seen the sign, and I said yes, I saw the sign.

The man then proceeded to show me a cute toy he makes that looks like a ping pong paddle with a bunch of wooden chickens standing on it that peck as you move the paddle in a circle. Naturally, I had to buy one.

I also wanted to have my picture taken with the sign. It took some coaxing, but I did manage to get Michele and Nick to join me under the sign.

The guy selling the chicken peckers took the photo, and as he snapped it, he commented that we looked just like the Griswolds.

After looking at the photo, I think I agree with him.