Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Summer Vacation - Spirit Lake Part III

I love storms, and I love to capture them as they develop. While sitting on the shores of Big Spirit, I noticed the clouds were looking rather peculiar off to the North. About every 5 minutes or so I shot a picture in that direction so that later, I could look at the progression of the formation. This particular set of clouds did not disappoint me as it developed into a storm with 40 to 50 mile an hour wind gusts as it passed over us. In fact, we read the next day that corn fields had been flattened by the high winds produced from this storm, which apparently increased to 85 MPH winds.
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

These are the clouds right as we are starting to feel the wind gusts, I was almost certain we would see a tornado, but, we never did.
 

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and encouraged.