Friday, April 27, 2007

Wind Farm

If you leave Bloomington driving East towards Gibson City, you will probably notice the huge wind farm being set up near Ellsworth. I hadn't driven out that way for more than a year, so today I decided to investigate and get some pictures.

I assumed they would all be bunched together in a way that would allow me to get them all in one picture, but I was mistaken. From what I could tell, there must have been a hundred or more, and they were spread out over a vast area, over many square miles. It was impossible to see them all at once, and it's possible I may not have even seen them all. I tried to position myself so that I could get large group shots, but even with that it is hard to appreciate just how many there are, since in each of these shots I am totally surrounded.

 

 

 



 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and encouraged.