Thursday, October 05, 2006

Jason Kubel Grand Slam

On June 13th of 2006, we attended a Twins Red Sox game at the Metro Dome. I had always liked the Twins, but this was my first time seeing them live. It turned out to be the best live game I've ever been to, thanks to Jason Kubel's game ending Grand Slam in the bottom of the 12th inning. For more information on the game, click here.



This is the 3 1 pitch that filled the count. You can see the determination in Jason's stance.


On the very next pitch, with 1 out and a full count, Jason Kubel sent the ball into oblivion.


In this photo you can see the ball passing in front of the window just below the Blue Bud Light sign.


At this point the pitcher realizes this ball is gone, some in the crowd begin to realize it too.


Here is Jason as he ran around the bases.


This shot shows the scoreboard at the end of the game. Jason's jersey number (16) still shows as the current batter.


Here is Jason getting doused with Gatorade.


Here is a picture of Jason doing an interview right after his teammates doused him with gatorade.


This is the Twins mascot doing a victory lap.

I had the 1st picture of the grand slam from above enlarged, and then sent it to Jason Kubel as a gift. I received the following letter back from him and his wife:

Thank you so much for that fantastic photo of Jason! He gets quite a bit of fan mail but the picture you shot and sent is hands down the most fabulous gift you could have given us. We are glad that you will hang it in your home! And we want you to know we will be framing it and hanging it in our home. That was such an amazing moment in our life and we are glad you were there to share it and capture it on film! Hope you enjoy it as much as we do. Glad your sons could be there! This is a memory they will take with them through out their entire lives. It's moments like that, that make baseball such an amazing sport! Thank you. The letter is then signed by Jason and his wife Blake.

I am truly honored to know that a photo I took will be hanging in their home. I am also honored that they took the time out to acknowledge my gift. That photo takes on an extra special meaning to me now knowing that it brings joy to someone else.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:52 PM

    Great pictures, I was at that game, and these pictures capture it better than I could even remember it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember this. I'll have to wiki Jason to see what he is doing now!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and encouraged.