Saturday, March 09, 2013

Jazz Night at NCWHS

Last night, NCWHS hosted its 18th annual Jazz Night. Participating bands this year were Evans JHS, Kingsley JHS, Parkside JHS, Normal West Jazz Kats, Normal Community Jazz Band, Normal West Jazz Band I, and the Parairieland Dixie Band.

The theme this year was New Orleans Jazz, and in addition to 3 and a half hours of great music, donations were accepted for the New Orleans Musicians Relief Fund.

I took many photos, as I always do, but I'll only provide a small taste of them here. For more photos, go to my shutterfly site here.

The first picture is of the Normal Community West High School Jazz Band I. My son Alex is the baritone sax player sitting on the far right in the front row.

Ryan Budzinski conducts Jazz Band I at the Normal Community West Jazz Night held on March 8, 2013
The next shot is of the Club Wildcats sign that hovers above the stage on the side of the catwalk. I've always felt like this sign gives the place a lot of class.
A familiar site at Jazz Night, the Club Wildcats sign.